We are working with a hugely successful global organisation near Glasgow to recruit an Industrial Engineer to join their staff
This is a permanent staff role and you will be joining a market leading in their range of products and after sales servicing
The role purpose is to be involved in the design and implement systems and processes that support operations in ensuring that all production engineering is executed in a safe, cost effective and practically efficient manner.
•Assume industrial engineering ownership for designated area & processes
•Lead projects and drive actions to improve production efficiencies
•Assist in the selection and procurement of relevant equipment & tooling
•Monitor and troubleshoot TAKT time variances from plan
•Monitor and troubleshoot quality metrics, RCA’s and implement preventative actions
•Review execution plans ensuring accurate reflection of production process
•Carry our process mappings and reviews to support continuous improvement activity
•Identify opportunities to introduce new working methods
•Introduce new tools and equipment to the manufacturing facility
•Involve employees when considering options to ensure engagement with improvements
Qualifications, essential & regulatory:
- Recognised apprenticeship with relevant experience / Degree qualified.
- Have experience of working in a quality and engineering role within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & BS OHSAS18001.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to operate standard and bespoke software and databases.
- Significant experience in applying Operational Excellence methodologies, e.g. Lean 6 Sigma, 8D, CTQ/CTP mapping, RCA.
Salary is between £30-35k per year, depending on experience. Plus benefits
To apply for this role, please send us your most up to date CV detailing all relevant experience and we will call you back to discuss the opportunity in full