We are delighted to be working with a fantastic manufacturing and servicing company in the Glasgow area, to recruit a Controls Engineer to join their staff.
Working within a busy Controls department, the role is to take ownership of new and existing projects with regards to design, program, test and commissioning of control systems for the companies range of products.
- Review and process all customer specifications, drawings and customer needs, including control system specifications.
- Prepare project deliverable targets for approval by Controls / Project Manager.
- Design and program control systems, including PLCs and associated equipment.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with clients and co-workers to achieve current and future objectives.
- Test all equipment in the shop floor
- Oversee commissioning of product at client sites
- Site work will involve working at heights and/or within confined spaces
The ideal candidate will hold a Degree in a relevant discipline with 3 or more years of experience in a design environment. Relevant experience in manufacturing or other engineering environment is also valued.Experience in PLC & HMI/SCADA programming is highly desirable, with either Allen Bradley or Siemens preferred.
Other desirable skills and experience includes industrial communication networks, electrical control circuit design & control system commissioning. Electrical maintenance experience is also desirable
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and technical skills, be committed to learning new skills and sharing their knowledge and experience with others in the Dept.
The role comes with a competitive salary of circa £ 35 -40k per year plus benefits
To apply for this position, please send us your most up to date CV, detailing all relevant experience, and we will call you back to discuss the opportunity in full